Pay and Benefits
Huntercombe offers all the usual essential benefits you would expect to see.
- A clear, fair and equitable pay structure that shows you both where you are now on the pay scale and the opportunities available to you to progress.
- Extra annual leave for long-service staff with the exception of teaching staff at our CAMHS hospitals who work term-times only.
- Enhanced Maternity, adoption and shared parental leave scheme at 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay (capped at £50k pa) and paternity leave pay of two full weeks’ pay for partners following the birth or adoption of a child (subject to eligibility criteria being met).
- Pay for sickness leave above statutory levels is discretionary but for the majority of staff is four weeks full pay and four weeks half pay.
- Death in service for all staff equivalent to two x salary paid to next of kin.
- Auto enrolment for all permanent staff into the NEST pension scheme on joining with the option to opt out and join the Group Personal Pension Scheme after three months service.
The wellbeing of our people is just as important to us as the wellbeing of our patients and residents. We know that the happier you feel, the better your ability to deal with our patients, residents and their families. Above all we want you to really enjoy working for The Huntercombe Group and to feel valued and supported. At Huntercombe we have several initiatives in place to support the wellbeing of our people and we are always open to new ideas as to what else we can offer.
- Huntercombe Heros and Annual Award Programme. The work we do is its own reward but sometimes, when people go the extra mile, it’s important to recognise and celebrate this. We run an awards programme at both local and national level to recognise those individuals that colleagues have nominated for going the extra mile for patients.
- Joy in Work is our programme where colleagues are encouraged to do small things to say thank you or well done. We want to ensure that your time working in one of our services is as uplifting and positive as it should be; enabling you to give the best of yourself even when situations are challenging.
- Wellbeing tool. Developed by the world-renowned Mayo clinic, our wellbeing tool is a short, confidential online assessment tool that gives you immediate, personalised feedback on all aspects of your mental health. By answering just nine questions, the platform can give you a better understanding of your overall wellbeing and identify any areas of risk which you can track over time. You can also access resources through the platform to improve your wellbeing.
- Employee Assistance programme. We’re aware that on occasions some of our staff might need additional support to help them manage emotional times either at home or at work. We operate a free professional confidential telephone counselling and legal information service, covering a wide range of personal issues, which can be accessed 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. You will also have access to up to 6 face to face counselling sessions, as an alternative to telephone counselling if you prefer.
For many of our staff working with some of the most vulnerable people in the country is reward enough. You get to see people leave our services in a much better way than when they arrived, more able to get on with their own lives. If you’ve worked with us for a while, you’ll see young people come back as adults with jobs and children of their own.
For those people for whom recovery is not possible, you can still do small things that make a big difference to someone’s life. Simply by listening to someone, spending time with them, making them feel safe and showing a small kindness makes a lasting memory for someone who is ill.
“To Phoebe, Thank you for everything. You’ve been there (literally ha ha) from the first day to the very last. Thank you for always being so kind and understanding, for making me laugh and helping me through the bad days. I will miss you and your contagious laugh very much”
If you’d like to read more of our thank you letters, you can read these on the testimonials tab of any of our hospitals or centres.
There are, however, other rewards open to Huntercombe members of staff:
- Huntercombe Rewards. With our rewards scheme you can obtain discounts from a wide range of retailers and holiday companies
- Refer a friend bonus. Receive a bonus for introducing a friend to come and work for Huntercombe.
In addition all our sites offer free staff parking, although in a few of our locations parking spaces are limited. Quite a few of our locations also offer subsidised meals prepared by our on-site chefs.
To read our Modern Slavery Statement