Pay and Benefits
At Huntercombe, we offer all the essential benefits you would expect and more.
- A clear, fair and equitable pay structure that shows you both where you are now on the pay scale and the opportunities available to you to progress.
- Extra annual leave for long-service colleagues with the exception of teaching colleagues at our CAMHS hospitals who work term-times only.
- Enhanced Maternity, adoption and shared parental leave scheme at 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay (capped at £50k pa) and paternity leave pay of two full weeks’ pay for partners following the birth or adoption of a child (subject to eligibility criteria being met).
- Pay for sickness leave above statutory levels is discretionary but for the majority is four weeks full pay and four weeks half pay.
- Death in service equivalent to two x salary paid to next of kin.
- Auto enrolment for all permanent colleagues into the NEST pension scheme on joining with the option to opt out and join the Group Personal Pension Scheme after three months service.
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities for all colleagues including NVQs, SVQs, Apprenticeships, Leadership Programmes and CPD.
The wellbeing of our people is just as important to us as the wellbeing of our patients and residents. We know that the happier and more supported you feel, the more you will enjoy your work, and the better you’ll be able to care for our patients, residents, children and their families.
Above all we want you to have a really positive experience working at Huntercombe, and to always feel valued and looked after. We have several initiatives in place to support the wellbeing of our people and we are always open to new ideas as to what else we can offer.
- Colleague Annual Awards Programme. The work we do is its own reward but sometimes, when people go the extra mile, it’s important to recognise and celebrate this. We run an awards programme at both local and national level to recognise those individuals that colleagues have nominated for going the extra mile for patients.
- Employee Assistance programme. We’re aware that on occasions some of our colleagues might need additional support to help them manage emotional times either at home or at work. We operate a free professional confidential telephone counselling and legal information service, covering a wide range of personal issues, which can be accessed 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. You will also have access to up to 6 face to face counselling sessions, as an alternative to telephone counselling if you prefer.
Highly rewarding career supporting vulnerable people...
'You’ve been there (literally ha ha) from the first day to the very last. Thank you for always being so kind and understanding, for making me laugh and helping me through the bad days. I will miss you and your contagious laugh very much'.
Huntercombe Benefits and Rewards
As well as enjoying a highly rewarding career supporting vulnerable people to get better, we offer the following benefits and rewards to our colleagues.
- Huntercombe Rewards – with our rewards scheme you can obtain discounts from a wide range of retailers and holiday companies
- Refer a friend bonus – you can receive a bonus for introducing a friend to come and work for Huntercombe
- Subsidised meals – a number of our locations also offer subsidised meals prepared by our on-site chefs.
- Staff parking – all our sites offer free staff parking, although in a few of our locations parking spaces are limited.