Our team at Huntercombe Cotswold Spa have been fully committed to making sure we keep all our young people and staff as safe as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We appreciate that it has been especially difficult for our young people to be apart from their families and friends and we have been working hard to support them in keeping in touch with their families and friends using technology.
The emerging evidence and guidance on COVID-19 is rapidly evolving. The scientific evidence is still that the restriction of movement and limiting social contact is a core component of keeping everyone as safe as possible. During the full lockdown period, we followed Government advice and asked that visitors, including family members, friends and other professionals did not visit any of our Huntercombe sites.
The Government has now moved cautiously towards its next phase and, to reflect this, we have now decided to allow some visitors to our services but only in certain circumstances and in full compliance with government guidance and infection control procedures. The following conditions will need to be met:
- Only one visitor per patient, with the name of the visitor given at the time of booking the visit. Our sites will set strict visiting times and manage an appointment system.
- Frequency of visits will be limited.
- The visit will be for a maximum of one hour.
- The visitor agrees to having their temperature checked on arrival and understands that we will have to cancel the visit if their temperature exceeds 37.8C.
- Visitors will be asked to wash their hands on arrival and may be asked to use hand sanitiser at various points.
- Visitors must adhere to our PPE requirements, and wear a face mask as a minimum.
- Visitors should maintain the recommended social distance of 2 metres at all times.
Please contact the hospital for further details and to book a visit.
We will deep clean our designated visitor room both prior to and after a visit. If a visitor or a member of their household is symptomatic, or has been in the previous 14 days, please do not visit.
We would really appreciate your support with these measures. We will continue to review our visiting arrangements and make necessary changes should the local or national picture change.
- Located in the Cotswold village of Broadway, the hospital is 14 miles from junction 9 of the M5, 16 miles from Cheltenham, 40 miles from Oxford and under 100 miles from Central London
- The centre of Broadway is a five minute walk
- Evesham railway station is a ten minute drive and Cheltenham station a half hour drive
- Birmingham airport is an hour’s drive
- We have a small car park and there is a public car park just around the corner (cost of parking is £1 for one hour, £4 for the day)