Talk to us

At the Huntercombe Group we welcome your comments, good or bad, so please feel free to get in touch with us. The sooner you tell us about any issues, the quicker we can put things right.   Please also tell us when we get things right so that we can share this good news with our staff.  You can do this by telling your hospital or centre manager or any member of staff.

Making a complaint

We want to resolve any problems as quickly and as informally as possible. In many cases simply discussing it with your keyworker, named therapist or nurse of any member of staff is all that is needed to put things right. If you are still not happy then the first step is to tell us.

  1. Speak to your hospital director or centre manager.  Your manager operates an open door policy so you can visit at any time.  Your complaint will be logged in the Complaints Register and a member of staff will be asked to investigate.  If you would prefer independent help in addressing an issue, we can facilitate advocacy arrangements if you would like help with this.
  2. We will try to contact you about your complaint, or we will write to you and ask you to contact us so we can talk about the issues raised- this usually happens within three working days.
  3. We will discuss with you how you wish us to handle your complaint and how long it is likely to take to investigate and respond to you.  We will then provide you with an explanation of the points raised, details of what we have found out and, if required, what we will be doing to put things right.
  4. We will make sure that you receive a letter telling you the outcome of your complaint within 25 working days of making the complaint.  There may be occasions when an investigation takes longer than this. If this is the case, we will always let you know.

Still unhappy?

Tell us and we can arrange a meeting to discuss your complaint further.

For England:

If you remain unhappy you can ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to look at your complaint if it relates to a service based in England.

The contact is as follows:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1 4QP
T: 0345 015 4033  W:

For Scotland:

For our Scottish sites, you need to contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.

Their contact details are as follows:

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO), Freepost SPSO, Edinburgh, EH7 4NS

T: 0800 377 7330  W: